New Results from the Project MASGOMAS: Near-IR Study of the Stellar Population of Sh2-152
S. Ramírez Alegría (1,2), A. Herrero (1,2), A. Marín-Franch (3,4), E. Puga (5) and F. Najarro (5)
(1) Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias, E-38205, Tenerife, Spain
(2) Universidad de La Laguna, E-38207, Tenerife, Spain
(3) Centro de Estudios de Física del Cosmos de Aragón (CEFCA), E-44001, Teruel, Spain
(4) Departamento de Astrofísica, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, E-28040, Madrid, Spain
(5) Centro de Astrobiología (CSIC-INTA), E-28850, Torrejón de Ardoz, Madrid, Spain
We present a near-IR and optical spectrophotometric characterization of the stellar population of Sh2-152, as part of our MASGOMAS project.
Using new broad band photometry (J , H and Ks) for the cluster and a control field, we have constructed CMD in order to select OB-candidates for H and K spectroscopy. Also, we have obtained the cluster mass function, with the disc population subtracted using the control field mass function.
From the 13 spectroscopically observed stars, 6 were classified as B-dwarfs and with individual distance and extinction estimations. With these values we have obtained estimations for the distance (3.01 ± 0.11) kpc, mass (1.86 ± 0.83)‧10³ M⊙ and age < 8.1 Myr for Sh2-152.
We also present a new optical spectrum for the central ionizing star of Sh2-152, showing some peculiarities associated to this central object and shed some light over the interesting star deeply embedded into the bright Ks nebulosity close to the IRAS source IRAS 22566+5828.
Reference: "The multi-wavelength view of hot, massive stars''; Proceedings of the 39th Liège Int. Astroph. Coll., 12-16 July 2010, edited by G. Rauw, M. De Becker, Y. Nazé, J.-M. Vreux, P. Williams, vol. 80, p. 415-419
Status: Conference proceedings